Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micahseth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
I am running fully updated iMovie and El Cap and i just have a 5 minute long video project. It's pretty much this exact problem but my video is WAY shorter obviously. The following is from an Apple support inquiry. NO answer yet.

"
Dear all,

I am tried to export a movie using the share > file options with the following parameters:

• Video and Audio
  • 1080p
  • Quality: high
  • Compression: best quality

The video is 1h 05 min total and the expected final size is 10 GB.

Original sources files are .MTS (H264 MPEG-4 AVC 1920x1080 50fps Audio AC3 (A52) 48KHz).

I disabled the energy saving settings preventing my iMac to sleep.

I have tried to save it on the local HDD (with 700GB free) and on a network SMB share.

At the end I always receive the error failed to share and in the details there is just "rendering error 60" (of which I was not able to find any description on the internet).

I tried restarting iMovie and rebooting my iMac, nothing changes.

During the exporting process a .mp4 file is created and three other temporary files are created as well, but during the export process the .mp4 file is always zero byte and the others are a few KB or a few MB.

Most of the times at the end the .mp4 file is zero byte.

Below I attach some of the logs before the interruption of the exporting.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue please?"

Seriously frustrating. Any help?

Akky14

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2020
Making enough space on my Icloud worked for me, when you share the file just wait for a couple of minutes untill export is completed and the extra file next to the mp4 file disappears, it should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.