Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spamurai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
England
Hi, so my iMovie has all of a sudden stopped working as it has been.

Recently I've been making several videos a week (for about 6months) that vary between 5 - 30 mins, and iMovie has been perfect.
The last video I edited and exported using iMovie was 3 days ago. No problems.

Today, I wake up and get started on a new video and once I finish it I begin to share > file > desktop, just like I normally do...

This time it froze at about 30%, so I force quit, reboot and try again, the same happens.

I tried again and left it 30mins thinking maybe it was doing it in the background, but upon returning, still stuck.

I try creating a new project and pasting in my edited work and exporting at a lower res... This time it doesn't even export 1%

I return to the original project and this time, at any res, it won't export more than 1% and just freezes. It's even difficult to force quit as its thinking too much.

I don't understand how this can just happen. I've not updated OS or anything since my last export. I have plenty of HD space.

Is there anything I can try or do?
I'm avoiding the iMovie update as people's reviews on the AppStore are saying they removed the "share" option... So it would defeat the point of me using it.

Thanks in advance.
Ps, if there's no solution, is there a good alternative to iMovie?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.