Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
There is a lot of talk about chargers for the new iPad Pros with more than one USB-C port so I said in another thread I would write up a quick review.

This USB Charger from Inateck is a double port, USB-C wall charger which is great for travellers. Measuring in at 77 × 77 × 30mm and weighing 189g, it's a fairly portable size for the frequent traveller. Included in the box along with the charger are a selection of 3 regional wall plugs, a USB Type C cable and user guide.

The supplied wall plugs cover EU, UK and US regions and are easily swapped out by pushing in a small button and sliding the plug off.

This charger supports the Power Delivery protocol meaning it can charge the likes of a Macbook or other supported devices. This port offers a range of voltages from 5V through to 20V and a maximum of 60W output.

The first port is limited to 15W output. The second will output 60W when used on its own but is restricted to 45W when port 1 is also in use. Official output options for the higher rated port are 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3A.

I’ve tested with my new 2018 11” iPad Pro. Charging from 10% to 85% took exactly an hour which is noticeably quicker than the Apple supplied 18w charger. I didn’t get a chance to time from 0 to 100% but I’m estimating around 1.5 hours due to trickle charging towards the end of a full charge.

This wall charger performed its tasks without issue and while warm to the touch, as expected with a high performance charger, it never gave cause for concern. I actually got this due to previous experience of Inateck USB chargers and would certainly recommend them.

Build quality feels very solid and I am more than happy to use this as my go to charger when travelling thanks to the quick charge times on offer as well as the flexibility of dual USB-C ports. I think it is well priced for what it offers and the package as a whole.

Attachments

• 76DD2983-948D-449C-9451-E21208BD639D.jpeg
    76DD2983-948D-449C-9451-E21208BD639D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 431

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
There is a lot of talk about chargers for the new iPad Pros with more than one USB-C port so I said in another thread I would write up a quick review.

This USB Charger from Inateck is a double port, USB-C wall charger which is great for travellers. Measuring in at 77 × 77 × 30mm and weighing 189g, it's a fairly portable size for the frequent traveller. Included in the box along with the charger are a selection of 3 regional wall plugs, a USB Type C cable and user guide.

The supplied wall plugs cover EU, UK and US regions and are easily swapped out by pushing in a small button and sliding the plug off.

This charger supports the Power Delivery protocol meaning it can charge the likes of a Macbook or other supported devices. This port offers a range of voltages from 5V through to 20V and a maximum of 60W output.

The first port is limited to 15W output. The second will output 60W when used on its own but is restricted to 45W when port 1 is also in use. Official output options for the higher rated port are 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3A.

I’ve tested with my new 2018 11” iPad Pro. Charging from 10% to 85% took exactly an hour which is noticeably quicker than the Apple supplied 18w charger. I didn’t get a chance to time from 0 to 100% but I’m estimating around 1.5 hours due to trickle charging towards the end of a full charge.

This wall charger performed its tasks without issue and while warm to the touch, as expected with a high performance charger, it never gave cause for concern. I actually got this due to previous experience of Inateck USB chargers and would certainly recommend them.

Build quality feels very solid and I am more than happy to use this as my go to charger when travelling thanks to the quick charge times on offer as well as the flexibility of dual USB-C ports. I think it is well priced for what it offers and the package as a whole.
“Never gave cause for concern”
“Build quality feels very solid”
“Well priced for what it offers”

Anyone do an output check? How clean is the power output? Anyone do tear down to check on components used, robustness of design, cross circuit voltage leak potential?

I have a low cost brick that feels very solid, and never gave me any concern, but won’t charge anything worth a damn.

This may be the best power adapter available, but I need factual proof not opinions. Must have some Missouri in me.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I have the single in-line USB-C 60W Charger with 2mtr Cable Donka and that works flawlessly with my iPad Pro 12.9”.
To be honest I wish I had seen this one first as that second USB-C would have come in handy for my iPhone XS Max.
Just as you say my 60W Inateck charger never gets hot no matter at what battery level the charge starts at. In fact the hottest it gets is ‘mildly-warm’ to the touch.
I normally purchase Anker accessories but found the single in-line and thought I would give it a go. Very happy with my purchase.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Thanks a lot for the review, this is exactly what I need. I even asked for such a thing in the giant USB-C accessory thread, but never got a reply to the question.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
“Never gave cause for concern”
“Build quality feels very solid”
“Well priced for what it offers”

Anyone do an output check? How clean is the power output? Anyone do tear down to check on components used, robustness of design, cross circuit voltage leak potential?

I have a low cost brick that feels very solid, and never gave me any concern, but won’t charge anything worth a damn.

This may be the best power adapter available, but I need factual proof not opinions. Must have some Missouri in me.

All I can offer is my opinion. I’m not about to do a tear down on a product that I have paid for - I’m not one of those sponsored YouTube channels! ;)
All I know is it appears to be working well for me and I have experience of their chargers from previous purchases so have no concerns over long term use.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.