Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reikonaga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2023
Hello all,

As far as I could dig around on the forum, I have the exact opposite issue of most people.
When I receive a phone call both AW and iPhone show the notification at the same time so, both phone and watch ring at the same time. On the previous OS9 only 1 device used to get the notification, only the phone, when it was unlocked or the AW when the phone was locked.
According to apple (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204791) only one device should receive the notifications. All other apps/notifications work as expected, but the phone calls!!!!!...
Someone have/had this issue? Is it possible to solve?
Btw, using AWSE2

Many thanks in advance!

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Hello all,

As far as I could dig around on the forum, I have the exact opposite issue of most people.
When I receive a phone call both AW and iPhone show the notification at the same time so, both phone and watch ring at the same time. On the previous OS9 only 1 device used to get the notification, only the phone, when it was unlocked or the AW when the phone was locked.
According to apple (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204791) only one device should receive the notifications. All other apps/notifications work as expected, but the phone calls!!!!!...
Someone have/had this issue? Is it possible to solve?
Btw, using AWSE2

Many thanks in advance!
I do not recall ever getting phone calls that would only show on 1 device, unless I was actively using the iPhone (but in those cases I didn’t look at the AW), this is my observation for several years now. Cellular on AW is not activated

arc of the universe

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2023
its working well on my cellular series 8 running watchOS 10; and iPhone SE2 running iOS 17.
meaning: if im using my iPhone, the call only rings on the iPhone.
if my iPhone hasn't been used within the time set for it to lock (settable), then only my watch rings.
its unusually quick (immediate) about sensing which device is/is not being unused. i have my iPhone set to lock after 30 seconds of not being used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.