Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayKay514

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
Hey all, just a heads-up:

I recently sold my Mac Pro 5,1, which was upgraded to Mojave with an AMD Radeon Pro WX4100 (quad mini display port, 4x 4K) video card. As one of the sticky threads notes, this card doesn't show the Mac boot screen but works fine, as its GPU family is supported.

The person who bought it from me installed some third-party software called iDisplay which provides that "use your iPad as a second monitor" function. However, it must operate by hijacking the video drivers, and it resulted in a totally black screen. He reinstalled Mojave and it went back to working fine -- so just a warning to anyone thinking of using these in combination, it won't work.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hey all, just a heads-up:

I recently sold my Mac Pro 5,1, which was upgraded to Mojave with an AMD Radeon Pro WX4100 (quad mini display port, 4x 4K) video card. As one of the sticky threads notes, this card doesn't show the Mac boot screen but works fine, as its GPU family is supported.

The person who bought it from me installed some third-party software called iDisplay which provides that "use your iPad as a second monitor" function. However, it must operate by hijacking the video drivers, and it resulted in a totally black screen. He reinstalled Mojave and it went back to working fine -- so just a warning to anyone thinking of using these in combination, it won't work.
Sorry, but this is old news as Mojave, AirDisplay was probably the first or one of the first reported problems that was found with Mojave upgrades. It's on the notes of the Mojave upgrade sticky thread:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.