Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I've been trying to find out the average Ink Cartridge Yields for Epson Stylus Photo RX680.

The Epson web site only gives ISO results for text and graphic pages.

I need to know how many prints I can expect for 4x6 photos (with border) on standard quality setting printed from a memory card.

I need to know by 9:00am tomorrow.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I've been trying to find out the average Ink Cartridge Yields for Epson Stylus Photo RX680.

The Epson web site only gives ISO results for text and graphic pages.

I need to know how many prints I can expect for 4x6 photos (with border) on standard quality setting printed from a memory card.

I need to know by 9:00am tomorrow.

That's so image-dependent that I don't think you're going to get anything like a valid answer- if the images have lots of white for instance, then you'll use significantly less ink, ditto if the colors match the printer's ink colors closely, but if the printer has to mix lots of colors for say browns or greens, then the yields will drop quite a bit. If they're outdoor pictures with blue skies, you're going to have different print numbers than if they're indoor pictures with white walls- with any printer on the market that number's going to change significantly with the colors in the images, so about the only thing you can do is work out averages over time for your own prints.

Paul

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I'm shooting Santa photos.

The ISO standard is composed of 5 standard prints that include several different color schemes and ink coverage. I was just hoping someone had the same kind of output test for AVERAGE photo coverage, not just text and graphics.

Well, I bought 500 sheets of paper and I have 2 complete sets of ink and 1 extra black and Magenta & Light Magenta...

I'll have my wife with me so she can run get more if needed.

I vaguely remember getting close to 100 8x10s from a set of cartridges on an R300 at high quality. Cut the images down to 4x6 and print quality to standard. I'm hoping for around 300-400 per set on this one.

I'll keep you posted of the results...

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
We printed 300+ Santa photos and I have 10 spent cartridges. Yellow & Light Cyan was the only ones not changed twice (I think). There is still 1/2 to 3/4 left of each color except Magenta and light Magenta.

Things got hectic, so I couldn't keep up and had to count after it was over.

joaoferro37

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Vogon Planet Destructor
Try this one and never have to worry about ink cost.
http://www.ufosystem.net/products.asp
I own a ufosystem ink refill for my Epson R280.
Bought it from neweggmall.com
Not only the ink quality is outstanding but it is the refill system that I don't have to deal with clog, leaking, pull out the cartridge put it in a third party cartridge resetter. This is complete, all in one with built auto rest chipset.
If you do print a lot, spend a little bit time and dig out their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.