Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
Link to Apples web page with Terms & Conditions and Registration. US only unfortunately.

Insomnia Photo Festival
Terms and Conditions

The Apple Insomnia Photo Festival is open to all student photographers, and is free to enter. Multiple submissions are not permitted.

All eligible students must be registered before 5:00 p.m. EST, April 26, 2007.
Entries must be resized to be no more that 1000 pixels in height or width whichever is larger.
Submitted images should be at 100 DPI or less.
Submitted images must be in jpeg format and have a file name ending .jpg or .jpeg.
Entries must be made on a Macintosh computer.
Photos must comply with the photography assignment, as posted on the Insomnia Photo Festival website at 5:00 p.m. EST, April 27, 2007.
All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST, April 28, 2007.
All accepted photos will be showcased online.

Wish they did this world wide. :(

Edit got this off Ars

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Wow, good find. Thanks.
Abstract- Apple doesn't hate Australians. They just assume that Aussies haven't developed past the Industrial Revolution, and thus why bother to ask them to enter in a digital media contest...:rolleyes:

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
I just saw this and got excited :(

I'll send it to my friend she might like to try it out.

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
I thought people would be all over this like a fat kid on a cup cake. obviously not. :p If you can win a MBP why not? Or even if the prize was only a Mini I would enter. :D

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
I signed up. It'll be difficult, because I shoot film. I'll borrow a digital PnS if I can, but you just can't work one of those like you can an all manual film camera :) I'll see what I can do in 24 hours, heck, why not?

Now, if they'd let you enter pictures taken previously, or ones that you'd already posted, that'd make it bunches easier!

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Hmm this seems kind of snobby, even by Apple standards:

- Entries must be made on a Macintosh computer.

I mean obviously this contest is to try and get more students affiliated with the Apple brand. But wouldn't you want to keep it open so as to bring over potential switchers?

I know I didn't get my first mac until I was out of school.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
Damn missed the deadlne just got in after shooting track and doin an A load of homework

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
I posted about this in the wrong place, but see there is a thread about it here!

I worked my arse off to make this photo, create it, shoot it, and complete it within the deadline. Most people took photos of plants/trees, babies/kids, or buildings. But what about baby laptops? As it turns out, only one person conceived that, and you're reading about that person now.

The 25 photos that receive the most votes go to a panel where one winner is decided. If that winner is different than the person who got the most votes period, then two people win. The grand prize(s) are a MacBook Pro, Aperture, and an iPod tossed in for good measure.

This thing is viral marketing by Apple. You need to have, or get, an Apple ID to vote. Since only friends and family of the contests will likely be voting on their images, it's a popularity contest as well. So PLEASE get an avid MacRumors fan to the final 25! I've been reading this site religiously for years now, but have not posted until today (or created an account for that matter).

Let's make this front page news that a MacRumors member wins the competition!!!

http://edcommunity.apple.com/insomnia/item.php?itemID=169

I know forms suck, but YOUR vote will very much be appreciated. Diebold has nothing to do with this. Thank you!

I gave you A four because I just love macs, I actually love the composition of the picture... Great Photoshoping :cool:

Hmm this seems kind of snobby, even by Apple standards:

I mean obviously this contest is to try and get more students affiliated with the Apple brand. But wouldn't you want to keep it open so as to bring over potential switchers?

I know I didn't get my first mac until I was out of school.

Yeah, i agree. Apparently they can do this (there are many laws regarding contests with prizes).

Nothing like using something to form a genuine interest in it.

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
My Entry

I actually snapped mine before I went out to take pictures of some other planned items. But, I couldn't get the other shots to look good, and I liked this one enough to submit it. I wouldn't mind votes :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.