Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
iOS 11 made my iPhone 5s pathetically slow for day to day usage.

Situation gradually became worse with every single release from iOS 7.

Want to go back to iOS 10 or earlier. How do I do that?

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
I bought this phone in October 2015 and I use this phone like it’s my *****.

It’s served me well and it was in fine conditio too until they launched iOS 11.

I will not donate this phone until 2019. I will however downgrade by this weekend.

For day to day usage, it’s a pain.

I am aware that I can’t get a signed version of iOS 10 or anythibg below. I know I can’t use iTunes for that.

What else can I do? Jailbreak or something?

KONVICTED

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
I bought this phone in October 2015 and I use this phone like it’s my *****.

It’s served me well and it was in fine conditio too until they launched iOS 11.

I will not donate this phone until 2019. I will however downgrade by this weekend.

For day to day usage, it’s a pain.

I am aware that I can’t get a signed version of iOS 10 or anythibg below. I know I can’t use iTunes for that.

What else can I do? Jailbreak or something?
No jailbreak available for iOS 11 at the point. So don't have much options.

KONVICTED

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Jailbroken or not, I don't intend to use iOS 11 in the first place.

I want to go back.

EDIT: I'm home. Did some search. Seems there are tools.
You can't go back

And if you think so Good Luck with that, let us know when you succeed downgrading to iOS 10

Reactions: eyoungren

Alvian@1104

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2017
The only you can do (right now) is live with it (and you can reduce motion for example). There's no jailbreak in ios 11 currently, and of course Apple doesn't sign the ios 7 firmware.

iphone tend to slow down, when more & more updates installed, but i think the iphone is in prime in two scenarios: Original and first major update. Ex: iphone 4s in ios 5 (original firmware) & ios 6 (first major update). After that, it will begining to slow down (according to several youtube videos at least).

I personally think the most stable is first major update, because it fix several issues when iphone launch, and optimize several apps. Especially the last version of the first major update (i mean for example the last update of ios 10 is 10.3.3).

Last edited:

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
You're stuck with iOS11 if you like it or not... no one forced you to upgrade, you can only blame yourself for doing so, spacial if you already noticed that every iOS release you did since iOS7 made your phone slower.

The only thing you can do at this point is hoping the next update will fix most of your problems and your phone will be usable again (to your taste..), or bite the bullet and get new phone.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Seems hopeless with the ApNonce futurerestore will receive.

I'll wait for a while for iOS 11 jailbreak (not familiar with the general release time line but will wait). With jailbroken iOS I'l have better chance of downgrading to unsigned ipsws.

If nothing happens, I'll live with it.

EDIT: In the meantime, if anyone has any tips / tricks / suggestions, please let me know.

Last edited:

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Nov 2, 2016

Unless you have blobs saved you literally have no way to go back. You may act like you don't want to deal with iOS 11 anymore and that you have a choice about it but you really don't. Unless you sell this 5S and buy another one with old firmware.

Nahi hoga bhai. Dont waste your time.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Unless you have blobs saved you literally have no way to go back. You may act like you don't want to deal with iOS 11 anymore and that you have a choice about it but you really don't. Unless you sell this 5S and buy another one with old firmware.

Oohh! Responses are tense for a low stake situation!

In all seriousness though, I like iOS11 and it's features. If somehow I can manage to do something with this phone, it'll be cool, otherwise I'll have to sell the remaining kidney.

TheBrokenBee

Suspended
Nov 2, 2016
Oohh! Responses are tense for a low stake situation!

In all seriousness though, I like iOS11 and it's features. If somehow I can manage to do something with this phone, it'll be cool, otherwise I'll have to sell the remaining kidney.

Honestly SE is cheap as hell right now. If you like that design language, you can pick up a SE :)

CarloC00

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017

I saved iOS 10 blobs, now I'm in iOS11, what do I have to do?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I saved iOS 10 blobs, now I'm in iOS11, what do I have to do?
You must wait for a jailbreak for iOS 11.

Assuming one happens for iOS 11 and your model and firmware then you jailbreak.

Once jailbroken you wait for someone to develop a tool to allow you to downgrade (if that does not occur concurrently with the jailbreak).

When/if that happens you can downgrade.

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2011
Why updating to iOS11 in the first place? Install beta TVOS and get rid of annoying update pop-up notification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.