Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daviddeteo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2014
Anyone has this problem?
Installing iOS 10 Beta OTA Profile on iPhone 5 and restart it, microphone is broken, cannot call, hearing anything from the call, cannot use Voice Memos, Siri

Restore did fix the problem but i want to use iOS 10 Beta, I understand iOS 10 risk and I accept it

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hmm. Maybe, wait for beta 2? Look, it is around the corner. Just one day or two.

psionicsin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2011
Metro-Detroit, MI
Yeah, wait for beta 2 to see if that resolves your issues. Also, I wonder if this is a trial on the 5 as I heard conflicting reports on whether 5 was to be 100% included. Can't remember where that source was, but it went on to state that the phones they listed during WWDC didn't line up with the press release notes, and it revolved around the 5 series.

Your phone isn't a phone unless it's a phone - Me

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
iOS 10 is a beta so it is very buggy. I'm sure nothing is wrong with your mic. Just revert back to stable iOS 9 and sound should come back. I don't believe installing the iOS 10 beta can potentially damage a hardware part, thus is software you're installing.

Reactions: psionicsin

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Yes agree. I hope they come up with beta 2 soon. In my case the lag is unbearable. Also overheating and constant Facebook crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.