Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeApp1e

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Probably already been asked somewhere on this forum - But - If I install the public beta of iOS 11 now on my iPhone 7 Plus, will an OTA update pop up on the 19th with the public release? Or will I need to first uninstall the beta to download the public iOS release?

Thanks!

DeApp1e

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2015
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure the GM released yesterday is the public release scheduled for the 19th.

That's what I've heard, but then some articles, like The Verge state "Once iOS 11 is installed, you’re free to bow out of the beta program and delete the profile that you downloaded earlier. But I’d probably recommend waiting to do that until the 19th comes around so you’re sure this build and the official release version are the same."

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Fair point. I am kind of new at this too. I will be curious as to what shows up on my phone on the 19th. I am pretty sure we get both beta and official updates pushed to our phones.

DeApp1e

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2015
United Kingdom
Fair point. I am kind of new at this too. I will be curious as to what shows up on my phone on the 19th. I am pretty sure we get both beta and official updates pushed to our phones.
Think i'm going to take the jump, like you, i'll do a backup of my phone so if anything screws up on the 19th i'll be covered :)

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Think i'm going to take the jump, like you, i'll do a backup of my phone so if anything screws up on the 19th i'll be covered :)
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have been running iOS11 beta for a few months. I am sure the official release will go right over it just fine (if it's different). I have no reason to believe it wouldn't.

Reactions: jhall8 and DeApp1e
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.