Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi all:

Basic question. Does lightroom come with multiple licenses? I'd love to isntall it on my mac at home and on my little netbook for basic editing on the road. Does the Lightroom license allow for that? Or would I need to buy two copies? Thanks!

-jon

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Yes, Lightroom and Photoshop both permit themselves to be installed on 2 computers. Put it on a 3rd one, and you will get a warning.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Yes, Lightroom and Photoshop both permit themselves to be installed on 2 computers. Put it on a 3rd one, and you will get a warning.

A warning? How? Lightroom doesn't use activation, at least, it didn't when I installed it the other day (from a legal copy).

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
from LR EULA

2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
There are no warnings

It might have been from Photshop rather than Lightroom, but I bought a Mac Pro very recently and configured it prior to deavtivating Photoshop and Lightroom from a Macbook that I was giving to a friend. I received a warning dialog during the process. It let me go ahead and finish the install, but the dialog box was real. I also have PS and LR installed on a MBP that I am keeping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.