Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
I haven't installed a new Apple Watch app until now. I installed a few free ones and deleted a couple. About 3-5 minutes later, I was in an email app, then all of the sudden I get a message saying
"Tweetbot would like access to Twitter Accounts"

I wasn't even in Tweetbot! I launched Tweetbot and saw that the app completely reset! All my accounts were gone. Then I noticed when I launched Slack, it signed out of all my teams.

I figured it was a fluke. So I uninstalled Tweetbot and Slack, rebooted my phone, installed Tweetbot and Slack again, and logged in to all of my accounts.

Few hours later, I installed some more Apple Watch apps (and deleted some), and AGAIN, Tweetbot and Slack completely reset!

My theory is that something is screwy with iOS keychain. It seems to affect apps that are Apple Watch compatible (but I did not have Tweetbot/Slack installed to my Apple Watch at the time) and apps that use the iOS keychain.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

UPDATE:
Uber doesn't seem to be affected. Either Uber doesn't use the iOS keychain to store user session or maybe the bug only affects Apple Watch apps that aren't installed but are installed on the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.