Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
The Beeb had something on their website around photographers rights not too long ago, but this is an interesting read none the less, particularly the photographers rights wallet docs. Shame I can't go to the link though (blocked at work) but I may well print a copy when I get home...

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
I'm sure one of the fellow photogs on here ended up getting some kind of ID from the NUJ, after a run in with the law in Salford, though I might be wrong, there. Also something to consider.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
This article reminds me of the security guard they posted here to protect a dam in a small town, 24 hours a day 7 days a week at the tune of $300,000 a year. All because some "suspicious" (read it Middle Eastern looking) guys were taking photos. C'mon now be real Al Quida isnt gonna go out and take photographs of some place they want to bomb.. what they WILL do is load up a truck full of as much explosives as they can get their hands on and go blow it up, simple as that.

Government officials need to refocus their efforts on real security and not harassing your average photographer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.