Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Digilloyd is a bit too OCD about benchmarks for my taste. There's useful information in there, but I'm not willing to spend that much on equipment that seems largely aimed at winning benchmark races.

AgencyDigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
NYC
What else do we really have to go on other than benchmarks? After spending days looking around online for in depth analysis on RAID, Photoshop, Mac Pros, Ram & HD's, i think he's right on (though i am not going with his particular recommendation).

As i previously stated, photography is in a changed state right now & i believe that most photographers are only beginning to catch up. There really is a great deal of information out there if you can find it. Though i find there to be a huge lack of information in regards to HD configurations & Adobe Photoshop. After sifting through his analysis i certainly have a better understanding of what needs to be done in order to get the most out of Photoshop & my G5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.