Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
How do I use the promo codes?

Thanks in advance.

I usually use iTunes on Mac. In the lower left there is a 'Redeem' link. You just enter the code and see if it works.

I just tried, all codes are used already.

Thanks to the author for posting though, app design looks pretty good!

markl9

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
London, UK
After using the app for a few days I have to say the design is not for me, I think there may be too much on the screen at any one time for me to quickly determine current conditions and forecast. I concede this is down to personal preference as the app is extremely polished and functional, the UI isn’t like any other weather app I’ve used and the term redefining in the thread title is very apt.
Thanks for the code, I’ll certainly being watching out for future updates.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I tried to leave a review on iTunes, but for whatever reason, it won't let me. It tells me that I must own the app before I can review it. Duh. I do.

Anyway, here's my take on it...

The interface is a bit different from other weather apps. I was a bit confused when I first opened the app. There was quite a bit of animation that I am not a big fan of. I also found the interface to be a bit intimidating - and it certainly lacked any intuitive cues for what to do. Eventually I tapped on one of the animated icons, and then the app responded with more detailed information about that icon (pulsing 'sun' = temperature; and clockwise from there, SNOW, RAIN, CURRENT and WIND). There is also another icon, top/center that will display the phases of the moon... closing the detailed information panel is also a bit different... sometimes you tap on the open display, other times, you tap on the back arrow (located in the lower, left corner of the screen).

The GEAR icon in the upper, left corner has a few options, but lacks any option to add alternate locations (beyond your current location), as far as I can see.

For what it's worth, the actual weather data appears to be pretty accurate - compared it to BeWeather (Weather Underground), Yahoo Weather, The Weather Channel and Apple's stock weather apps.

If you are looking for a weather app that is whimsical, this may be the one for you... but it's not really very well suited to my taste.

scottwb

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
UK
Hi will you be doing a beta for future updates using Test flight?
Hi,
Yep, we run a TestFlight beta, although we are having some problems building the app at the moment with latest Xcode 9 etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.