Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
When I try to invite my wife to the HomeKit app Home in iOS 11.1.2 I get the following error message: “Invitation failed Could not invite blah blah because the Apple ID is not registered with iCloud”. Obviously her Apple ID is fine. I’ve searched the web high and low and can’t find a solution. Anyone know what’s going on?

casavage

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
When I try to invite my wife to the HomeKit app Home in iOS 11.1.2 I get the following error message: “Invitation failed Could not invite blah blah because the Apple ID is not registered with iCloud”. Obviously her Apple ID is fine. I’ve searched the web high and low and can’t find a solution. Anyone know what’s going on?

Same thing here. Have call into support and they are supposed to get back to me this week. Have tried invitation both ways, signing out and into iCloud both ways. Resetting home on both devices. Turning off and on iMessage and FaceTime, restarting both devices etc etc.

magga

macrumors regular
May 14, 2009
I have the same problem. I have just spoken with someone at Apple and they have told me there is an update coming within the next week to fix the problem.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
HomeKit sharing was disabled due to an exploit.

Should be an iOS update in the next day or so.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Maaaaaan, been trying all afternoon to get an invite to my wife to go out!!!

Hope the fix comes soon.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Just installed and no joy.
Will do the Apple TV in the morning and also my wife hasn't updated her phone yet.
[doublepost=1513211527][/doublepost]All phones and Apple TV's updated and still won't let me send a Home invite to my wife. :(
[doublepost=1513211889][/doublepost]Sorted it by inviting using the Hue app (which also definitely didn't work earlier).

Reactions: mentalman1369

dpace32

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2008
Hello -

I am trying to add my wife to my iOS Home app and it it saying:

Invitation Failed
Could not invite "xxxxx@gmail.com" because the Apple ID is not registered with iCloud.

I am 110% sure that ID is registered with iCloud. Both of us are running iOS 11.2.1, both of us have logged out and logged back into iCloud plus restarted our devices. What else can we try to get this very frustrating (and expensive!) setup to work?!

Thank you

mentalman1369

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Yep can confirm using the Hue app has fixed the problem! The invitation works immediately and it’s all setup without any issues with full control via Home app and Siri on the invited device.

You can find the option in Hue app > Settings > HomeKit & Siri > Advanced > Homes > Primary Home > Share Home

Just installed and no joy.
Will do the Apple TV in the morning and also my wife hasn't updated her phone yet.
[doublepost=1513211527][/doublepost]All phones and Apple TV's updated and still won't let me send a Home invite to my wife. :(
[doublepost=1513211889][/doublepost]Sorted it by inviting using the Hue app (which also definitely didn't work earlier).

Reactions: Pug72

Aakburns

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2010
Yep can confirm using the Hue app has fixed the problem! The invitation works immediately and it’s all setup without any issues with full control via Home app and Siri on the invited device.

You can find the option in Hue app > Settings > HomeKit & Siri > Advanced > Homes > Primary Home > Share Home

I still can’t get this to work. I don’t use hue products. I have Lutron products. Still same issue trying to invite.
[doublepost=1513322404][/doublepost]
I still can’t get this to work. I don’t use hue products. I have Lutron products. Still same issue trying to invite.
Okay. So she had to invite me through the home app, which worked. Allowing me to then invite her to mine.

Odd. But worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.