Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubendepedro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Portugal
Hi

I upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra yesterday, and now I have a process called 'ionodecache' consuming more than 100% CPU usage since then. I thought it was indexing/caching something, but after 24h it continue very high on CPU usage and the fans are boosting non-stop all the time. Googling doesn't help. I even rebooted the Mac twice but the process still persistent.

I found recently this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7676338

Anyone with this issue? Any hint about whats happening and how to fix it?

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Regards,
Ruben P.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
The background process can last for few days. e.g. the photos scan taxed my CPU for more than 72 hours to finish the job. Just leave it, in most case, you don't have to fix anything. If you have to shut down the Mac, do it. The system will stop the process, and resume it on the next boot.

Reactions: tgara

Mr. 123

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
Hi

I upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra yesterday, and now I have a process called 'ionodecache' consuming more than 100% CPU usage since then. I thought it was indexing/caching something, but after 24h it continue very high on CPU usage and the fans are boosting non-stop all the time. Googling doesn't help. I even rebooted the Mac twice but the process still persistent.

I found recently this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7676338

Anyone with this issue? Any hint about whats happening and how to fix it?

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Regards,
Ruben P.
I have the same issue. Is your computer slow or is it running at a normal speed? Mine is terribly slow:/

rubendepedro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Portugal
Sometimes Chrome hangs for a few seconds on scrolling... with few tabs opened.

I tried to unplug AC power, but the process remained active and drained half the battery in about 30 min.

ElysioPires

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Hello Ruben!

Just enter in Activity monitor and force quit the process until Apple says something about that. I do it here and my MAC still normal right now...

I hope that will be a quick fix for that...

Sometimes Chrome hangs for a few seconds on scrolling... with few tabs opened.

I tried to unplug AC power, but the process remained active and drained half the battery in about 30 min.

Reactions: rubendepedro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.