Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Better service with AT&T since the 10.1b5 update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Seems to have made a substantial increase to my cellular service here in Central FL with AT&T. Areas where I barely had LTE, I'm getting 2-4 bars with 45Mpbs download speeds. Areas of I-95 where I would drop VoLTE calls constantly don't seem to be an issue anymore.

Anyone else seeing an increase in service with the update? Or am I completely insane? Hopefully both :D

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
Seems to have made a substantial increase to my cellular service here in Central FL with AT&T. Areas where I barely had LTE, I'm getting 2-4 bars with 45Mpbs download speeds. Areas of I-95 where I would drop VoLTE calls constantly don't seem to be an issue anymore.

Anyone else seeing an increase in service with the update? Or am I completely insane? Hopefully both :D

Intel or Qualcomm phone? I've always had issues with AT&T around Apopka, which forced me to switch to T-Mobile. So far, the Qualcomm 7 has about the same signal level everywhere i've been as the 6s did with T-Mobile.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Intel or Qualcomm phone? I've always had issues with AT&T around Apopka, which forced me to switch to T-Mobile. So far, the Qualcomm 7 has about the same signal level everywhere i've been as the 6s did with T-Mobile.

I work in Apopka. Small world, lol. Signal has been around the same. I have an intel modem iPhone 7 Plus. But I have friends in Melbourne/Palm Bay and my signal on I-95 has been awful the past few months. Thought the new 7 would remedy it, but no dice. This update seemed to do the trick.

Reactions: solodogg

chipfiev

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
I've been chasing "No Service" issues with my AT&T iPhone 7 since I got it. I've been consistently seeing issues at work...maybe 8-10 times a day? I even got Apple to replace my iPhone...didn't work of course.

Since installing beta 5, I haven't had a "No Service" issue. I thought beta 2/3 made things better but I still had 2 or 3 issues with service each day. Beta 5 has been a marked improvement over that...so far at least.

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
I work in Apopka. Small world, lol. Signal has been around the same. I have an intel modem iPhone 7 Plus. But I have friends in Melbourne/Palm Bay and my signal on I-95 has been awful the past few months. Thought the new 7 would remedy it, but no dice. This update seemed to do the trick.

Small world for sure! :)

I live on the west end of Apopka just off of 429, and they are in desperate need of additional towers out this way. Along 441 from 429 to Vick is bad as well. T-Mobile is killing them on this end of town as far as coverage goes.

Reactions: Statusnone88

YoungCalusa

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2014
Florida, USA

I live on the west end of Apopka just off of 429, and they are in desperate need of additional towers out this way. Along 441 from 429 to Vick is bad as well. T-Mobile is killing them on this end of town as far as coverage goes.
This is so funny I live 20 minutes away in Mount Dora but my T-Mobile signal seems to have dropped off significantly around town

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
This is so funny I live 20 minutes away in Mount Dora but my T-Mobile signal seems to have dropped off significantly around town

Wow, maybe we need to make a CFL thread instead :D

Around town being just Mt Dora, or around the rest of the area? Only place I've been having new issues with T-Mobile is at Clarcona-Ocoee and Hiawassee since Matthew came through. Used to get garbled audio driving through here now I drop the call every single time. Signal has remained stable up around home, and most of the other areas I frequent.

chipfiev

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Never mind what I said earlier; I've seen "No Service" on my AT&T iPhone 7 three times today.

10.1 certainly doesn't seem to fix all cellular connection issues...at least not on AT&T devices.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010

There's tons of floridans on these boards. :) I live in Altamonte Springs but work in Apopka. I'm new to the area so I have no idea where anything is really. Been living in Brevard County for the better part of 10 years. Definitely noticed better service today when driving around town. Maybe it's just coincidence.

Reactions: solodogg

chipfiev

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
I've been working on a bug report I entered with Apple. Based on their comments, this issue is tied to a baseband crash. I'm assuming that the work on 10.1 helped reduce the frequency of the crashing but there's still an issue to be fixed.

I was able to capture telephony logs during a baseband crash this morning so I'll send those to Apple when I get home tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.