Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2012
I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1, late 2009 MacBook Pro running 10.11.6, and an 2013 iMac running 10.12.3. Lately I have been experiencing problems with the Mail app on my iPhone. I have one iCloud email account and one Gmail account for business using IMAP.

When deleting or archiving a message from my iPhone, the changes are almost instant on my computers. However, when managing my email on one of my computers, if I delete or archive a message the change doesn't show up on my iPhone. Even deleting a message directly on iCloud.com doesn't push the change to my iPhone.

I have tried removing the accounts, resetting my iPhone, etc. Nothing.

Any ideas?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1, late 2009 MacBook Pro running 10.11.6, and an 2013 iMac running 10.12.3. Lately I have been experiencing problems with the Mail app on my iPhone. I have one iCloud email account and one Gmail account for business using IMAP.

When deleting or archiving a message from my iPhone, the changes are almost instant on my computers. However, when managing my email on one of my computers, if I delete or archive a message the change doesn't show up on my iPhone. Even deleting a message directly on iCloud.com doesn't push the change to my iPhone.

I have tried removing the accounts, resetting my iPhone, etc. Nothing.

Any ideas?

Similar issue from an iPad Mini 4 LTE. Since the update (10.2.1.), my Gmail and AirMail app update and sync fine however the accounts under stock Apple email, including 2 iCloud accounts no longer sync.

Works fine for my 6S+ and rMB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.