Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Looking at my battery usage, Safari Background Audio is at the top of the list. What is this?

I have Background App Refresh turned off and I haven't used Safari recently to listen to audio.

Does the browser in the Facebook app have anything to do with Safari? I have read online that Facebook keeps some processes open even when the app isn't in use.

Attachments

• AF04044B-B28E-461C-8C5E-6CA7D48DDC23.png
    AF04044B-B28E-461C-8C5E-6CA7D48DDC23.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 778

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looking at my battery usage, Safari Background Audio is at the top of the list. What is this?

I have Background App Refresh turned off and I haven't used Safari recently to listen to audio.

Does the browser in the Facebook app have anything to do with Safari? I have read online that Facebook keeps some processes open even when the app isn't in use.
As I recall, it means that Safari has used audio at some point in the last 3 days (going by the message at the bottom of the screenshot), it doesn't really mean that all of that usage was from audio in Safari. You can also tap on the entry to see the actual time that the app was used (on screen, and in the background).

Reactions: Helmsley

Painchiller

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2018
For me too, safari eats the most battery juice and i rarely use it. Could it be the news widget using safari to pull news from in the background?

Iphone X 64gb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.