Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff1512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Anyone else notice that new to iOS 11.2 is a small haptic when you swipe up to close out of an app? I don't believe that was there before 11.2. I can't figure out a way to make it not do it...

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Anyone else notice that new to iOS 11.2 is a small haptic when you swipe up to close out of an app? I don't believe that was there before 11.2. I can't figure out a way to make it not do it...

Doesn’t happen to me. Are you sure it’s not the haptic feedback you get when entering the app switcher? If not, try a hard reset and maybe that will fix it.

jeff1512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Doesn’t happen to me. Are you sure it’s not the haptic feedback you get when entering the app switcher? If not, try a hard reset and maybe that will fix it.
It feels like
It does feel like the feedback you get when you enter the app switcher, however, it happens when doing a "quick swipe up" to exit the app I'm in. I have 3 friends all with iPhone X's and iOS 11.2 and they all report it happening since the update to 11.2 Saturday..... I have tried a hard reboot and it remains the same.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
It feels like

It does feel like the feedback you get when you enter the app switcher, however, it happens when doing a "quick swipe up" to exit the app I'm in. I have 3 friends all with iPhone X's and iOS 11.2 and they all report it happening since the update to 11.2 Saturday..... I have tried a hard reboot and it remains the same.

I have the X as well and I’m currently with two family members that have it. We are all running 11.2 and can’t replicate what you’re describing. Is it with all apps including stock apps, or just when you exit certain apps?

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I'm on 11.2. I just tested 10 different apps and cannot replicate what you described. I have no haptic feedback when closing an app.

toohectic

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
iOS 11.2 introduced a audible click noise along with haptic feedback when exiting control center on my iPhone X. It appears to be a glitch from the speaker since the sound goes away when I connect a BT speaker to the phone. (Don’t have my corded headphones with me to test.) Exiting control center seems to be the only spot where haptic feedback produces the click, and even then it doesn’t do it every time, but at least 80% of the time. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

jeff1512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
iOS 11.2 introduced a audible click noise along with haptic feedback when exiting control center on my iPhone X. It appears to be a glitch from the speaker since the sound goes away when I connect a BT speaker to the phone. (Don’t have my corded headphones with me to test.) Exiting control center seems to be the only spot where haptic feedback produces the click, and even then it doesn’t do it every time, but at least 80% of the time. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
YES. I noticed that as well!
[doublepost=1512338343][/doublepost]
I have the X as well and I’m currently with two family members that have it. We are all running 11.2 and can’t replicate what you’re describing. Is it with all apps including stock apps, or just when you exit certain apps?
Happens when I close all apps.
[doublepost=1512338376][/doublepost]
I'm on 11.2. I just tested 10 different apps and cannot replicate what you described. I have no haptic feedback when closing an app.
Are you using an iPhone X???

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009

Exact same behavior. Haptic when going from app to home screen. iPhone X

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010

I had to do a “reset all settings” today to try and fix something else, and now I have the audible click noise you’re talking about and like you said, it only happens 80% of the time for me as well.

gahig ulo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2017
riverside california
I had to do a “reset all settings” today to try and fix something else, and now I have the audible click noise you’re talking about and like you said, it only happens 80% of the time for me as well.
put your phone silent and it will go away.its a bug for 11.2 the taptic and the sound from the speaker activates at the same time.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I get the haptic feedback when closing apps with “reduce motion” on, but not when it is off.

austingndr

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
This is exactly what I experience, but mine was since iPhone X release, not just iOS 11.2. Very frustrating.

pinskerj

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
This is exactly what I experience, but mine was since iPhone X release, not just iOS 11.2. Very frustrating.

iOS 11.3 fixes this - no more haptic with reduced motion turned on! Now it respects the system haptics are off setting. Thank you Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.