Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jobbycock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Now every track is displayed as an album.

How incompetent are these bozos?

Last edited:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Doesn’t look like I’m seeing this issue. I uploaded Chronology (has various artists) onto iOS 11 and the newest, no App Store, iTunes recently. Shows up in album view as one album.

I used iTunes Match and don’t sync with a cable though. I’m not an Apple Music subscriber and I turn that functionality off in Settings on iOS.

3E6BF612-D733-460E-B90D-3634C5FE6A24.jpeg

251FFF38-731F-4F60-AEE8-EFE0537E0930.jpeg

Jobbycock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Can't say whether it's an iTunes bug or an IOS11 bug given the only way I can find to get music onto my phone is through the POS that is iTunes.

Regardless, music that's uploaded onto your phone/ipad - rather than downloaded from the iTunes store - is now messed up to the point you can't display an album.

The Music app is now so broken it's unusable.

But maybe Apple has just had enough of people who want to play their own music and is finally trying to kill them off. Figures.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Try uploading an album you've tagged yourself.
Do you sync those tracks before installing ios 11 or after? i updated my 12.9 ipad pro to ios 11 and had a 100 or so tracks of albums i’ve tagged myself on the ipad before updating and they’re all displaying correctly.

Also, what version of itunes are you using? (assuming that you are syncing music from a desktop/notebook)

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Can't say whether it's an iTunes bug or an IOS11 bug given the only way I can find to get music onto my phone is through the POS that is iTunes.

Regardless, music that's uploaded onto your phone/ipad - rather than downloaded from the iTunes store - is now messed up to the point you can't display an album.

The Music app is now so broken it's unusable.

But maybe Apple has just had enough of people who want to play their own music and is finally trying to kill them off. Figures.
Chronology isn’t available on iTunes. I downloaded the album from OCRemix.com, imported it into iTunes, and then uploaded it via iTunes Match. No issue.

Jobbycock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Latest release of iTunes for Windows. Drag and drop a folder onto the iPhone. The way I've always done it.

This is a new issue since updating to IOS 11.

I have way too much music to fart around with that syncing nonsense.

Do you sync those tracks before installing ios 11 or after? i updated my 12.9 ipad pro to ios 11 and had a 100 or so tracks of albums i’ve tagged myself on the ipad before updating and they’re all displaying correctly.

Also, what version of itunes are you using? (assuming that you are syncing music from a desktop/notebook)
[doublepost=1506216193][/doublepost]Correct: it's not ios 11. It's iTunes messing up the metadata. If only we could ditch it for something else.

Thanks Steve Jobs, you ********.

css1323

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I posted my own issue previously here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-11-tagged-music.2069232/#post-25103298

A purchased release from Beatport, in AIFF format, now shows tracklist out of wack for example:
[doublepost=1506261642][/doublepost]
Now every track is displayed as an album.

How incompetent are these bozos?

Could you upload an example of what you’re talking about? I only sync my local, tagged music and aside from AIFF tracks not appearing correctly, all else looks normal to me.

Attachments

• 75FB734D-4217-4610-B51A-F646F78ABE8E.png
    75FB734D-4217-4610-B51A-F646F78ABE8E.png
    668 KB · Views: 208

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I refuse to subscribe to apple music becuase I don't want them messing up my library. I think the app has been getting progressively worse since ios 7.

Reactions: ecthomp

hotsaucio

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2017
I have the exact same issue. I manually manage music on my iPhone (7 plus). I drag and drop MP3s through iTunes. I meticulously tag the metadata on my MP3s. Everything worked before upgrading to iOS 11. Now all songs show up as individual albums on my phone, the Music app doesn't show artists correctly (if at all), etc etc. I tried the latest version of iTunes on different laptops (Windows vs MacBook) and the same problem for both. So basically right now, the music experience on my phone is just zero. Has Apple acknowledged this issue? Is there a way to officially log a bug somehow?

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Latest release of iTunes for Windows. Drag and drop a folder onto the iPhone. The way I've always done it.

This is a new issue since updating to IOS 11.

I have way too much music to fart around with that syncing nonsense.

[doublepost=1506216193][/doublepost]Correct: it's not ios 11. It's iTunes messing up the metadata. If only we could ditch it for something else.

Thanks Steve Jobs, you ********.

You do know Steve has been dead for sometime now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.