Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinb2987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2016
So I have a lot of files in iCloud Drive and using with the Files App. I also have Good Drive installed for a few google docs files. Since Google Drive isn’t fully integrated with Files yet, I’ve not been using it with the Files app. But starting yesterday, I noticed that every time I click to open a file in the Files app of varying types (PowerPoints, docs, PDFs, etc), it kicks me to open the file in Google Drive. The only fix I’ve found is just deleting Google Drive from my iPad. Anyone having this same issue and found another fix?

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
I have this problem opening certain files from within iCloud Drive under iOS 10.3.3, so it's not just iOS 11. I don't know how Google Drive got integrated with iCloud Drive, but it's very annoying. I can't find a setting to turn this off.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Few other threads on this issue. It's the Google drive app, only remedy is to delete it until Google fixes it.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Yes. Once Google Drive updates to integrate with Files, it won’t do that anymore.

Dropbox just updated theirs, and Files can manage all Dropbox files within Files. Just have wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.