Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logic500

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Iam a Registered Beta Tester and I was able to get the IOS 11 GM Update for my Iphone 6 before 19th September and the download file size for this update was 1.1 GB ....Now that the regular update has arrived iam confused about two things ... First do I need to install the regular update ? how ? and secondly how come the size of the regular IOS 11 Update is 1.9 GB ... Can anyone explain this puzzle for me ?

Thanks !!!!!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Iam a Registered Beta Tester and I was able to get the IOS 11 GM Update for my Iphone 6 before 19th September and the download file size for this update was 1.1 GB ....Now that the regular update has arrived iam confused about two things ... First do I need to install the regular update ? how ? and secondly how come the size of the regular IOS 11 Update is 1.9 GB ... Can anyone explain this puzzle for me ?

Thanks !!!!!
The GM is exactly the same as what was released. You don't need to install anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.