Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwatters579

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Has anyone else gotten this notification on the home screen regarding Messages? I wake up every morning to the exclamation point. I go in and find there are no issues. Is this a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?
IMG_0923.jpeg

idrisinan

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
Like iMessage activation pending , it is normal on main iOS updates , it was like this in iOS 9.0, iOS 10.0 and iOS 11 also this issues looks within main update.

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
It's a common bug. I think some users have experienced it when it connects to iCloud.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I've noticed that often when that happens, my messages aren't fully synced. I'll go back and look at an old thread and only see the last message. I need to reboot to get them back.

bluehz

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2017
Interesting - after reading above about sync I decided to check that. it indicated a successful sync about 6 hours ago. I hit the manual sync and received a notification banner “message failed to send 334 days ago”. I attempted to follow the notification but it didn’t do anything and I have no way of finding that message that I can ascertain.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Interesting - after reading above about sync I decided to check that. it indicated a successful sync about 6 hours ago. I hit the manual sync and received a notification banner “message failed to send 334 days ago”. I attempted to follow the notification but it didn’t do anything and I have no way of finding that message that I can ascertain.

These are all “normal” for the beta and many are experiencing them. Everyone I’ve seen report it, including myself, all have “message failed to send” more than 300 days ago too. I wouldn’t worry about any of it right now. I’m sure there’s been thousands of reports made on it but one more wouldn’t hurt if you have time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.