Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaneillustration

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
So I just updated to iOS 11 and the main issue I am having is that I have no photos showing up in the Photos app. It's just a white screen with "Updating" in the middle. I am using iCloud Photo Library. There are the tabs at the bottom but there isn't any photos anywhere. Since it just says "Updating" with no other info, and it's been like that for over an hour, I don't know what is going on.

I've tried turning off iCloud Photo Library and turning it back on but it didn't do anything. I also tried forgetting my network and restarting, but nothing.

kaneillustration

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Have you tried plugging in your phone and leaving it locked for awhile (don’t use it)? That’s typically what’s required for that to update.
Thank You So Much! That seemed to do the trick, it's actually updating now!

Cinsy

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Have you tried plugging in your phone and leaving it locked for awhile (don’t use it)? That’s typically what’s required for that to update.
Do I specifically have to plug it to a Mac computer or any laptop?

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Do I specifically have to plug it to a Mac computer or any laptop?

no. no need to have it connected to a mac.
just make sure it is connected to a power source and the phone is locked, meaning it is not in use by you.
so leaving it connected overnight, as long as it is able to access the internet is all that is required.
i also just make sure that Photos is also open at the time i locked it.

jodie hagan

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2017
Hi I tried this and it has not seemed to work do you know of anything else I could do?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I had the same issue with my iPhone X ... and now it's re-uploading all 20,000 pictures and videos :rolleyes: It's been two days and I still have 19,000+ to go. And this, with 100Mbps fiber at home. I'm thinking it would be much faster to disable iCloud Photo Library and then re-enable it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.