Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I know its early but I think next month when iOS 12 goes final we will have 12.1 beta what would all of you like to see in this release, I know everyone will say dark mode but apart from that :)

I wish: Moved Volume HUD and Batt % in the status bar
Not sure what things I would want added but will be nice to hear from all of you

Reactions: Brandonjr36

Tinototem

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2010
Sweden
Personally i want shortcuts improvements, shortcuts will be a game changer for me, and i will really embrace it. I just hope they stay active and implement more actions and more improvements over time to make sure that my imagination is the only thing holding me back.

Reactions: dan9700

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I frankly don't expect 12.1 to bring much more than bug fixes. Unlike iOS 11, Apple has been very careful to underpromise with iOS 12. Based on the stability of latest beta, I think it's reasonable to expect all the promised features to ship with iOS 12.0.

Therefore, I think more substantial changes will be saved for the spring release (12.2 and later).

If I were to make a wish it would be for iCloud enhancements. I would love folder based sharing and shared iCloud Photo Library (between family members), and more control over iCloud in general.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Mostly iOS 13 wishlist

• Face ID security for Hidden Photos
  • iMessage Camera effects in video format, not just photo format
  • Standalone Dictionary app
  • Safari favicons in bookmarks
  • iCloud Mail read/unread status sync
  • Gmail push
  • Tap to go instantly to the bottom of a long page
  • Show which number/email I receive a FaceTime call on
  • Show which number/email I receive an iMessage on
  • Live Wallpapers are useless; make them animated on touch, on tilt, upon unlocking the device, etc. Use the damn imagination and available tech!
  • Switch from FaceTime Video to Audio while in call, not just Audio to Video

Last edited:

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Haven’t used iOS 12 yet. But being able to input data when running a shortcut using Siri.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Bug fixes. That’s it. New features are never introduced in a x.1 release, unless it’s hardware specific with a new iPhone. Like portrait mode and Apple Pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.