Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelsel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Woke up this morning to a frozen iPhone 8+. I had initiated an update to iOS 12 beta 4 last night and it must have tried to complete overnight while on the charger and wifi... been stuck on a screen with a White apple, and a full progress bar. If I try to power off I get a message "iPhone will restart when update completes".

John Yester

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Do a manual restart rather then a manual off and on. Or DFU mode. Ahhhh the beta life....

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I had the same issue, just did a force restart (I think it's volume up, volume down, hold power for the 8) and it restarted and finished for me.

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Had this with my iPad Air 2 and latest beta. Hard reset sorted it. IPhone X updated smoothly.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Haven’t experienced it on my 6 Plus, thankfully. But I have heard of this being an issue, just try a hard reset and that should fix it.

Aye Chan

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
Woke up this morning to a frozen iPhone 8+. I had initiated an update to iOS 12 beta 4 last night and it must have tried to complete overnight while on the charger and wifi... been stuck on a screen with a White apple, and a full progress bar. If I try to power off I get a message "iPhone will restart when update completes".
[doublepost=1532530031][/doublepost]I have to press and hold Power Button + Home key in iPad Air 2 to finish the update.
Me too, stuck at the  logo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.