Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trumpetmercenary

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
I connected my iPhone X running iOS 12 to my iMac (running Mojave 18A326h) and I had to run a software update to get it to show up. But every time I try to grab any images/videos off of the phone using Image Capture I get the following error:

N416hd9.png

Has anyone else had this problem. I know you can normally use the Photos app on your computer to import photos/videos, but I have several very large videos on my phone, some that are so large that they aren't showing up in photos nor being imported into iCloud. I thought that the large size might be the reason for the above error, but I'm getting it even for just a single image. I'll go ahead and report the errors...

trumpetmercenary

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
sorry, I think it was a false alarm because my cable is old and not very reliable.
I tried plugging it in a few more times and for whatever reason it's working now, importing media from image capture without an issue.
so if you get that error, check the cable first.

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK
sorry, I think it was a false alarm because my cable is old and not very reliable.
I tried plugging it in a few more times and for whatever reason it's working now, importing media from image capture without an issue.
so if you get that error, check the cable first.
You scared me! I thought they’d withdrawn support!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.