Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hello everyone.

I'd like to update to iOS 13 on my iPhone 8 as soon as I can, because iOS 13 is not just a dark theme, it carries a lot of cool new features.

But I don't know if this version of the operating system is draining the battery of this model in particular, or it heats it up, or there are crashes, or whatever anomaly.

For now this post is temporarily for the latest beta, I think iOS 13 Golden Master should be very close so I assume is a well polished beta already. Or at least, it should.

But when the final version gets released, both of iOS 13.0 and 13.1, it will be equally interesting to know how's the performance of the new iOS on the iPhone 8. I will edit the thread in order to reflect what version are we talking about, right now we're still in beta.

So dear beta testers, how's been iOS 13 on your iPhone 8 so far? Battery wise, performance wise, and if you use it without a case, temperature wise.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Runs speedily on my 7 Plus. Feels roughly as fast as iOS 12. Battery like is roughly as before as well.

Thus, I will keep my 7 Plus another year and will upgrade in 2020, mainly for a new camera and 5G cellular.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Well, we’ve got iOS 13.1.3 already, as well as iOS 13.2 beta. And I’d like to ask now, again, how is it performing? I’ve already jumped into Catalina on my Mac mini, and iOS 13.1.3 on my iPad Pro. Now the only device remaining in iOS 13 is my iPhone 8, and once it’s done, there’s no coming back.

So, what is your advice? Jump now and embrace iOS 13 and Catalina? Or I should better wait until iOS 13.2?

Thank you.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Well, we’ve got iOS 13.1.3 already, as well as iOS 13.2 beta. And I’d like to ask now, again, how is it performing? I’ve already jumped into Catalina on my Mac mini, and iOS 13.1.3 on my iPad Pro. Now the only device remaining in iOS 13 is my iPhone 8, and once it’s done, there’s no coming back.

So, what is your advice? Jump now and embrace iOS 13 and Catalina? Or I should better wait until iOS 13.2?

A lot proclaim issues with iOS 13. I find it pretty good and solid personally. If performance is your primary concern, it runs just fine on an 8. I notice no real issue speed wise compared to 12.

Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.