Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dewced

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Belgium
Hi everyone!

I started on my iPhone 12 Pro with a clean install (iOS 14.1), and I experience that when I add my contacts again to the tab favorites in the phone app... that they disappear. Anyone having this issue too?
Thanks!

dewced

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Belgium
Same!!!
[automerge]1603553367[/automerge]
Can’t change contact ringtones either. Always goes back to previous sound.

Tried with ringtones and that seems to work. For the favorites I created a bug report on Apple. Hope it gets fixed soon, super annoying!

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
I have the same issue.
And i cant add them.
Also, what happened with the NFC shortcut in Control Center in the iPhone 12?

mcdawg

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2015
100% the same.
Obvious bug.
Misery loves company, so it's good to know I'm not alone in seeing this... but misery would also ver much appreciate if Apple would fix this stupid siht with the quickness.

Reactions: HYPOKON2000

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
Yeah the same here. Wanted to start a thread about this.

Most contacts cannot be added at all, even though I added it, empty list. And if a contact can be added, it disappears the next time. A really big, big bug, never had such a big bug with iOS.

Good that I just deleted all contacts besides 10 and started from scratch on my private phone. That would have been really annoying.

To me 14.1. seems more buggy than 14 and 14.0.1

BTW: I still don't get why Apple just got rid of the favorites widget + option to call a favorite from pressing phone icon. Ridiculous.

Reactions: mcdawg

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
Have ringtone set to “Old Phone”. Went to notifications and changed FaceTime Ringtone back to “opening”. That’s how I it was stock in iOS 13x.

After the Facetime ring tone was changed the ringtone under “Sounds and Haptics” changed from “Old Phone” to “Opening”.

Others are experiencing the same behavior I assume. Damnit. Nice bug!

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
As I had many problems and bugs with iOS14.1. which I also installed via iTunes Restore before, just to be sure, I did an iTunes Restore (hardreset) again. Don't ever use a backup. Phone app not working correctly, sites not loading, widgets not loading etc. Haven't tested widgets after restore yet, the rest is working fine. Very smooth, contact favorites working as it should. The iTunes restore helped a lot from what I can say right now.

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
Have ringtone set to “Old Phone”. Went to notifications and changed FaceTime Ringtone back to “opening”. That’s how I it was stock in iOS 13x.

After the Facetime ring tone was changed the ringtone under “Sounds and Haptics” changed from “Old Phone” to “Opening”.

Others are experiencing the same behavior I assume. Damnit. Nice bug!
So nobody has a comment on this issue? :(

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
I just updated to 14.2 and this has been fixed. Yay.
What are you referring to specifically that has been fixed?

I was having issues with changing the FaceTime ringtone and then it was changing the ringtone on my phone to whatever I chose for FaceTime in notifications. I hope they fixed that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.