Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
What do you guys think about the new Privacy implementation on iOS14?

I personally like that apps are forced to be transparent with data they collect and SIWA too. It lets you know which developers are sketchy or collects too much if they remove all social log ins because they didn’t want to add SIWA.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
What do you guys think about the new Privacy implementation on iOS14?

I personally like that apps are forced to be transparent with data they collect and SIWA too. It lets you know which developers are sketchy or collects too much if they remove all social log ins because they didn’t want to add SIWA.
I think it’s great.
There is a few game apps out there which when you download, asks for permission to access data which it has no use for other than to sell it. Some of them even refuse to allow the game to work without permission.
Informing you what the app asks for in terms of access and data is good because it means people no longer have to download an app to find out that it’s basically a data mine.
It is another fight back against the selling of personal data which has somehow became the economy the internet and services now rely upon.

Last edited:

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
I think it’s great.
There is a few game apps out there which when you download, asks for permission to access data which it has no use for other than to sell it. Some of them even refuse to allow the game so work without permission.
I have what the app asks for in terms of access and data is good because it means people no longer have to download an app to find out that it’s basically a data mine.
It is another fight back against the selling of personal data which has somehow became the economy the internet and services now rely upon.
As someone like me who worked in Advertising, some people don’t realize the amount of information that apps collect and sell to companies like Google and Facebook so this new User Privacy is big leap forward to securing everyone’s privacy in our devices now that all our information is basically in our phone.

Reactions: bigchrisfgb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.