Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbietop

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
Good Ol' US of A
Replace ”complicated” with a four letter word starting with F.

AirPods won’t auto swap between phone and iPad, stick with iPad regardless until I have to turn Bluetooth off before it will reconnect to iPhone.

Autocorrect has gone haywire. Randomly changes don’t to dont. Stuff like that. But won’t autocapitalize my own name despite doing that since ios 1. <—-also this weird refusal to auto capitalize.

magic keyboard (another weird autocorrect failure here) has gone bonkers. Worked fine all year (keyboard. AirPods issue has been around since 15.1). Space bar randomly inserted ad Infiniti’s. (Another weird autocorrect I’ve never seen before today). Ad infinitum is a phrase I use often.

Wi-Fi randomly connects, disconnects, claims I have the wrong password despite being connected before today for almost 4 years, and sometimes doesn’t even see Wi-Fi SSIDs. Then will connect but internet hangs and slows down before claiming No Internet. I then turn it on and off and on again and works fine for a minute before going to this weird disturbance.

if AppleTV 4K is running at all, even if just at Home Screen with no audio, video, anything running, Wi-Fi grinds to a halt on all devices, including PS5, Xbox One, and Switch. Also all my MacBooks (Pro 15 i7 and Pro M1 13). Even Hue bridge and lights.

and to add insult to injury, every time I unlock and go to the home screen of any device, it pops up the New Device dialogue box alerting you that your AppleID is on a new device. It then goes through every device I updated today. Every single time I unlock and go to the Home Screen.

I contacted Apple support, who promptly had me reboot things and suddenly it worked….for five minutes before resuming the randomness.

im frustrated (another autocorrect failure) and this is hard for me to troubleshoot as i am on heavy painkillers after a surgery on my leg. I just want to lay here and watch a movie, not yell in frustration when all I want to Load is some background noise while I relax.

please tell me y’all have some insight as i Updated almost all of my devices to 15.2.1 (i QA my company’s app). Currently, I’m stuck on a 6s Plus on iOS 14 and it has not a single issue.

any and all capitalization and spelling errors I have left intact to prove how odd this autocorrecg is sue is

• Wow
Reactions: dk001

Scottsm124

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2021
Have you noticed any issues with your auto-brightness? Having it on with the new update has made my phone virtually unusable

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
That auto correct is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in iOS. It sucks since iOS 13 and it’s getting worse. I don’t understand why it’s changing the words in and im (German) into I’m.

And I’m getting a lot of brand names like Acer instead of the German word Aber.

Reactions: Tsepz and dk001

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
iPadOS 15.2.1 is even worse than iOS 15.2.1. It is riddled with dozens of mostly minor, but very annoying, bugs, and even worse still, extremely annoying design changes that were dreamt up by total morons who apparently don't even use iPads much. No game stoppers, but more than the usual number of minor to moderate buggy annoyances. Same goes for tvOS 15.2.

I still think a lot of this sloppy coding is because the pandemic forced the developers to have to work from home with kids, SO, pets, and even neighbors constantly underfoot. They are probably lucky to get 2 hours of work done per day under such adverse conditions. And what work does get done is pretty sloppy. Hopefully Apple can get them back in the office before too long. I doubt iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 will be any better since it should be previewed in just a few months. I wish they would just get out of the "new OS every year" mode and only release new OS versions sporadically as needed. Maybe that way they could get them under control again, rather than just release whatever pile of ? they have ready at the moment!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.