Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kutfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Let's talk about animation in the system. And about the time when Apple starts "slowing down" older devices. I think mortal combat has begun! On my iPhone after installing 16.1 RC there is a slow animation in closing, opening apps. When browsing safari. The system as a whole has become less responsive. My eyes don't deceive me it seems %) I compared with 16.0.3
Share your observations.

Last edited:

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Which iPhone you have? And what is battery wear?

I think there is slow down of iPhone 11Pro compared to 15.7 on 16.0.3. 16.1 will be probably even worse.

Sometimes comes shuttering of animations or longer than usually opening. But some parts of system works faster so hard to judge.

Kutfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Which iPhone you have? And what is battery wear?

I think there is slow down of iPhone 11Pro compared to 15.7 on 16.0.3. 16.1 will be probably even worse.

Sometimes comes shuttering of animations or longer than usually opening. But some parts of system works faster so hard to judge.
13PM
The battery has not yet tested, too little time has passed since the update. But at first glance is not worse than 16.0.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.