Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So I got the PM16 on Friday and of course went to 18.1PB1 like a moron and turned on AI and didn't see any issues right away. However the following hours and even to today my PM16 is acting weird. I turned off AI Sunday afternoon and thought things were good Monday but then this morning I woke up and my Phone wouldn't let me open apps and just saw blank screens and so forth. I got a call this morning and they couldn't hear me but I could hear them and it didn't function until I rebooted. I also tried a network settings reset this morning but I've never had this bad of an experience with a PB or a new phone combined. Heck I even ran 18PB without any issues along all the PBs.

I am hopeful the pending PB2 for 18.1 will resolve issues but it isn't out yet.

Thoughts?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
It always pays to restart a device a day or so after any new major update. Some issues may require a forced restart. As far as my 16 PM I haven’t really had any issues with it. It’s just as stable as 17, and 18, were on my previous phone. Actually I think it’s somewhat smoother and faster.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It always pays to restart a device a day or so after any new major update. Some issues may require a forced restart. As far as my 16 PM I haven’t really had any issues with it. It’s just as stable as 17, and 18, were on my previous phone. Actually I think it’s somewhat smoother and faster.
Are you running 18.1PB1 or a DEV <5 beta?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I’m running beta 5. Started with beta 3 on my iPad. Then 4 and 5 on both without significant issue.

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021
It is a beta, after all. Have you used the Feedback app to report the issues? If not, it might not get addressed until the 18.2 beta cycle begins.

redbeard331

macrumors 68040
Jul 21, 2009
The phone might have been in use at the time by Siri, who knows what she’s up to.

There’s some weird bugs in iOS 18, I’ve had some instances where my screen has become unresponsive including the hardware buttons. A couple weeks ago my phone wouldn’t shut off as the power button wasn’t working, had to have Siri restart the phone for me. And then the other day I couldn’t take screenshots anymore, had to do another restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.