Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
The Calendar-Reminders integration is SO welcome - game-changer for me. I switched back to Apple's Calendar and Reminders from Fantastical a couple of years ago and really missed this. Reminders alone was a bit clunky because I had to clutter my Today list with items from other lists just so I could keep them top of mind, and then had to go back a forth between the two to keep my day going smoothly. Now I can use Calendar and see both appointments and reminders for the day. Terrific.

Reactions: Macbookey

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
The Calendar-Reminders integration is SO welcome - game-changer for me.

Back when iPhones were a nickel there was an integrated Calendar app. iOS 4 and earlier. Nice to have it back but... still has the same "problem" for me since day one of iOS: only two alerts for Calendar events.

Most of the time good enough but do run into situations I want 3-4 alerts for an event (example, a flight: better be getting ready, better be heading to the airport, better have luggage checked [if checking], boarding time). Every third party app I've used does this, MacOS Calendar has always done this, but iOS, nope. Not only can't add more than two, but can't edit more than two (last time I checked, will randomly choose which alerts to display in the two slots).

Will be sticking with Calendar 365.

Reactions: Macbookey

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
Agree with both of you. The alerts limitation in iOS Calendar is absurd. Consistency in design between platforms has gone by the wayside. However, Reminders in Calendar view has been a game changer for me as well. Dumped Fantastical years ago and with natural language input natively available in macOS and iOS, the native productivity system is amazing for me. I have had to rethink how I setup my Calendar/Reminders now and it has just made things that much better and more refined with how I do things.

Reactions: Easttime

Neuron1

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
There are reminders that I would like to act like it was before- provide a notification but not be in my calendar. Is that something one can choose for an individual reminder? As far as I can tell, all reminders that you want scheduled have to be shown in the calendar. Maybe I'm missing something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.