Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BB8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
The dark mode icons look really bad. That would be fine seeing as I can just use light mode icons, but that also now screws with the way widgets look, so my Robinhood and Battery widgets now are messed up to use light mode. It needs to be more granular.

I was looking forward to finally getting rid of the icon labels with the large icons, but the large icons also look terrible. Just let me remove the icon labels. Why is this so difficult?

Anyway I know it's only beta but this all seems really poorly thought out.

Reactions: Fluffyk

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I disagree. The dark mode icons look great, at least the ones that were properly made to be for dark mode. iOS 18 finally has some of the customization we have been waiting for years now. I agree we should be able to remove the icon labels on the normal size icons as well, mostly because I hate the stupid updated app blue dots that are nothing more than an eye sore. Make your suggestions known to Apple using the Feedback app and you never know, they may actually listen if enough people suggest change or refinements. We are only on DB 3 after all.

Reactions: Macs Pain

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Love the dark icons!

What I do not like is, if you rearrange the icons around a wallpaper image, and you choose another wallpaper that you had earlier, the icons stay in the new shape! Whereas, if you change them to large or dark, that only affects the current wallpaper and not any others. This seems a bit inconsistent?

Polysulfide

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2024
The dark mode icons are terrible. They’re literally nauseating.
I despise them.
The light mode theme is worse.
I hate my phone now.
I can’t believe the configuration options are so limited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.