Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Anyone notice on iOS 18 that the music app will lock up when advancing the next song, but the current song playing is still playing?

For my example, I have Apple Music and all music downloaded to my iPhone (16 Pro Max), I'll be listening for about 20 - 30 min and attempt to manually skip to the next song. I will notice the artwork and name will advance but the current song remains playing. I will then force quit the Music App and the song will continue to play for about 5 seconds. Once I reopen the app, the original song that was playing is showing as the current song and will then play like normal and I can skip songs again.

I noticed this behavior last week on iOS18 on the iPhone 15 Pro Max, but not on iOS 17. I am going to submit a bug report, but just curious if anyone else experienced this?

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Anyone notice on iOS 18 that the music app will lock up when advancing the next song, but the current song playing is still playing?

For my example, I have Apple Music and all music downloaded to my iPhone (16 Pro Max), I'll be listening for about 20 - 30 min and attempt to manually skip to the next song. I will notice the artwork and name will advance but the current song remains playing. I will then force quit the Music App and the song will continue to play for about 5 seconds. Once I reopen the app, the original song that was playing is showing as the current song and will then play like normal and I can skip songs again.

I noticed this behavior last week on iOS18 on the iPhone 15 Pro Max, but not on iOS 17. I am going to submit a bug report, but just curious if anyone else experienced this?
I have noticed this happening to me the past few days. Which is funny because it wasn’t happening to me prior to iOS 18’s public release.

I submitted feedback to Apple. Everyone else who experiences this should do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.