Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I have a bluetooth speaker connected to my phone, and I'm looking to add the battery widget in the notification center. Just like it shows in the photo below. How do I do this? I have already tried going to the notification center and clicking 'edit' but it doesn't show up under Not Allowed. It shows for the phone, apple watch, beats pill etc.

Attachments

• iphone-notification-battery.jpg
    iphone-notification-battery.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 353

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I have a bluetooth speaker connected to my phone, and I'm looking to add the battery widget in the notification center. Just like it shows in the photo below. How do I do this? I have already tried going to the notification center and clicking 'edit' but it doesn't show up under Not Allowed. It shows for the phone, apple watch, beats pill etc.
Does your speaker show battery life in the status bar when connected? I have a Jawbone Jambox which shows in the status bar but I've never checked to see if the lock screen widget works for it.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Does your speaker show battery life in the status bar when connected?
But why isn't it there for my iPhone? I see it in the photo, battery percentage at the top, and in the notification center? and in that photo, it shows a bluetooth device thats not Apple named.

[doublepost=1457644322][/doublepost]
Does your speaker show battery life in the status bar when connected? I have a Jawbone Jambox which shows in the status bar but I've never checked to see if the lock screen widget works for it.
No, not even in the status bar. Im wondering if its a bug?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Not every device will report battery life there, so it'd be a matter of the device reporting that information to the phone. I won't have access to the Jambox until next week so I can't verify its behavior.

Reactions: skinned66

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
But why isn't it there for my iPhone? I see it in the photo, battery percentage at the top, and in the notification center? and in that photo, it shows a bluetooth device thats not Apple named.

[doublepost=1457644322][/doublepost]

If it doesn't show in the status bar it won't show in widgets.

If you edit your widgets and add batteries like the image below and nothing shows up, your device doesn't support battery state. Out of all of the Bluetooth devices I have with batteries (5) only one reports its battery state to iOS. It's likely a device limitation rathe than a problem with your phone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 204
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.