Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Every time I go settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage storage > click on "back up" settings just force quit and bring me to the home screen.

iPhone 6s 64gb. Had this issue on iOS 9.3.1 and still present after updating to 9.3.2. I've restored many time with no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Are you restoring from the same backup? Sounds like something's corrupted somewhere. Try setting up as a new phone and downloading the backup over iCloud (not iTunes).

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Resorting from iCloud backup. I've restored using iTunes and independently from the iPhone. I don't want to set up as a new phone because I'll lose everything :(

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Hmm. Only other option I could suggest is using iBackupBot or similar to extract the bits of the backup you want to keep and make a 'fresh' one and try restoring that to the phone and seeing how you get on.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Hmm. Only other option I could suggest is using iBackupBot or similar to extract the bits of the backup you want to keep and make a 'fresh' one and try restoring that to the phone and seeing how you get on.

Does that cost money?

Wish Apple had software set up to look through the data and let you know what's causing the issue. Something like defrag on windoze. It's not helpful when they just tell you, "set it up as a new phone." I completely understand that treatment but it's not very functional.

Thanks so much, Eddy!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
What happens if you turn off iCloud backup, use a Mac to delete the iCloud backup, turn it back on and create a new backup?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.