Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
iOS mail app does not fetch mails in favourite mailboxes of IMAP accounts on schedule.

the scheduled fetch of favourite mailboxes of any IMAP account does not occur.

I think that iOS Mail app has the privileges to fetch even without showing in the app switcher. Thus the existing behaviour appears erratic.

In this situation however the Inbox of IMAP mail account gets fetched on schedule even if Mail app is not running in the background. When the fetch happens, the corresponding notifications also appear as per configuration.

Is the behaviour of iOS Mail app correct in not fetching favourite mailboxes of IMAP accounts on schedule?

Last edited:

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
I’m experiencing the same with the build in Mail app. Have to check app for it to update, despite fetch settings being set to any of the options.

Same IMAP accounts work just as intended in Gmail app, Edison Mail etc.

Reactions: uandme72

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I’m experiencing the same with the build in Mail app. Have to check app for it to update, despite fetch settings being set to any of the options.

Same IMAP accounts work just as intended in Gmail app, Edison Mail etc.
Please file Feedback report.
The more the submissions, the faster we can expect a resolution.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I can't find any info indicating that those added favorites should be updated when pushing or fetching so it would seem to me that it would a "new feature" request and not an "issue/bug" for which a resolution might occur.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I can't find any info indicating that those added favorites should be updated when pushing or fetching so it would seem to me that it would a "new feature" request and not an "issue/bug" for which a resolution might occur.

Multiple forums on internet are discussing this bug.

Still issue not resolved.

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've never, ever seen the iOS mail app reliably fetch E-mail on schedule. It's always been wonky for multiple years/versions now. For whatever reason, Apple doesn't seem interested in fixing this.

Sometimes iOS randomly does check mail and spams me with notifications from the past few hours of mail. It's annoying as hell. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a solution to this.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I've never, ever seen the iOS mail app reliably fetch E-mail on schedule. It's always been wonky for multiple years/versions now. For whatever reason, Apple doesn't seem interested in fixing this.

Sometimes iOS randomly does check mail and spams me with notifications from the past few hours of mail. It's annoying as hell. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a solution to this.
Please submit feedback.
Hope & Wait is the only workable thing for us.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal

My "solution" has been to install gmail.app and rely on their notifications to tell me to manually check for mail on mail.app.

Its really ridiculous and I really don't get why apples mail client works so poorly for so many people but its been going on for years. (Thats why people no longer file radars on this. Apple knows, they just dont care).

Reactions: DomC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.