Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chanawar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
After update of official Gmail iOS app I dont like to use it. I think, it became worse from the point of user interface. So, I am looking for an app that I can use my Gmail 2-step security because I dont want to give my master password to 3rd party apps.

Can you suggest these types of email client apps for me? I think there is no way to use Gmail app passwords on Outlook, cloudmagic, spark etc.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Many third party apps support Google/Gmails 2-step security including Spark, Airmail and Email by Easylido and probably also Outlook. I have a Gmail account and works fine with all of those.

Reactions: willmtaylor

chanawar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Many third party apps support Google/Gmails 2-step security including Spark, Airmail and Email by Easylido and probably also Outlook. I have a Gmail account and works fine with all of those.

I think you are wrong. I already tried Outlook and Spark but they dont accept my Gmail "app passwords" that I generated on my 2-step security page.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I think you are wrong. I already tried Outlook and Spark but they dont accept my Gmail "app passwords" that I generated on my 2-step security page.

I've recently tested it out with Airmail and Email by Easylido and both work fine with 2 step Gmail verification. I think Spark should also work but I need to check that one again in order to be 100% sure. I have used that months ago for the last time but at the time I also had 2 step verification on I think in Gmail.

I use Gmail with 2 step in Email by easylido with no issues

Me too no problem and also 2 step verification on.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
3rd party apps don't see your gmail password. It uses OAUTH authentication for log-in, but once logged-in, apps can store and scan your emails (e.g. for quick reply). So check those settings.

After update of official Gmail iOS app I dont like to use it. I think, it became worse from the point of user interface. So, I am looking for an app that I can use my Gmail 2-step security because I dont want to give my master password to 3rd party apps.

Can you suggest these types of email client apps for me? I think there is no way to use Gmail app passwords on Outlook, cloudmagic, spark etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.