Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickwalters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2011
For the last month or so I've been having issues with my work email account set up as Exchange on iOS 10 (iPhone 6S) not displaying the content of emails. It displays the preview but when entering a message, the content doesn't load.

- It's not a connectivity issue (it happens regardless of whether I'm using 4G, home WiFi or work Wifi).

- My email address does not contain an apostrophe or any symbol other than "." (I've read that this is causing issues in iOS 10).

- It happens regardless of whether any or all of the threading options are switch on or off (I've read that this causes similar issues).

- Other email accounts (include Exchange ones) are working fine.

- There's no issue on my MacBook Pro or iMac.

- Sometimes the content loads (it's working right now), but 95% of the time it doesn't.

It's essential for my work to get this working! I communicate a lot by email and it's difficult not being able to reply on the go.

Thanks.

nickwalters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2011
It's my own personal phone with my work email address (from a university).

I should have mentioned that I've had the email address for 1.5 years and the phone for 6–8 months and this hasn't been an issue. I can't honestly remember if it happened just spontaneously or if I deleted and set up the account (I was having issues with another account which are now resolved and I'm not sure if I deleted this one then too). But since having these issues I have tried deleting and setting this one up again a few times and the problem persists.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I have to say that you need to check with your IT department. This could be the result of changes in email Exchange server or other permissions that need to be updated. Also, it could be university policy (if they give you a work phone) to have tight control on email access from non-work (or rather personal) devices.

nickwalters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2011
Thanks, I will check with them, they may have changed settings, but it's definitely not a policy thing. I have a fairly strong feelings it's an iOS bug, though.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Normally, I wouldn't jump to an iPhone OS bug given that you have other Exchange accounts setup that work fine and that you mentioned it was working fine until a few days ago.

Given that you are sure it is also not a policy thing, this looks entirely like a server-side issue which IT can most likely clear up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.