Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monotious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Hi,

I am looking for an alternative music player app on iphone or ipad that lets you transfer entire folders from your computer (without using the iTunes).

I have tried a few apps that allow you to transfer individual files in each folder over wifi, but I was not able to find something that lets me select folders and copy the entire folder structure onto iPhone.

My idea is that I would use the native music.app to play regular musics, and use a third party app for my other types of mp3 files. These other types of mp3 files are currently organized in windows folders and are not properly tagged, so if I were to use itunes to move these onto my iPhone, these other types of mp3 files will be a giant nonsensical jumble in music.app. Of course, it would be an impossible task to try to properly tag all these mp3 files.

Another, relate goal would be separating my music library from these other mp3 files, so if I use the music.app, I would only see the music files, and if I open the third party app, I would only see the other mp3s (or music files together with other mp3 files, at least).

iOS 10.2, iPhone 7 plus, no jailbreak.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
Hi,

I am looking for an alternative music player app on iphone or ipad that lets you transfer entire folders from your computer (without using the iTunes).

I have tried a few apps that allow you to transfer individual files in each folder over wifi, but I was not able to find something that lets me select folders and copy the entire folder structure onto iPhone.

My idea is that I would use the native music.app to play regular musics, and use a third party app for my other types of mp3 files. These other types of mp3 files are currently organized in windows folders and are not properly tagged, so if I were to use itunes to move these onto my iPhone, these other types of mp3 files will be a giant nonsensical jumble in music.app. Of course, it would be an impossible task to try to properly tag all these mp3 files.

Another, relate goal would be separating my music library from these other mp3 files, so if I use the music.app, I would only see the music files, and if I open the third party app, I would only see the other mp3s (or music files together with other mp3 files, at least).

iOS 10.2, iPhone 7 plus, no jailbreak.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I use MusicStreamer for my music needs, it's a fantastic app - MusicStreamer by Stratospherix Ltd.

There was an update yesterday and one added function was offline playback. Check with the developer if you can do what you want with this new feature (copy entire folders).

support@stratospherix.com

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.