Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
Hi All,

Getting to grips with iOS10 - within the Messages work, I can't work out why the Apps within Messages don't seem to work, the only ones that work are the official Apple ones (Like Apple Music, Image Search), the others just display the logo of the App when you swipe to it....

IMDB for example - doesn't load anything, just the IMDB app logo is displayed. How can I use the app within Messages?

qfQAeE7.jpg

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Click on the A then on the 4 dots on the bottom left and you will see a blue + sign for the store .

spyder683

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
San Francisco
Hi All,

Getting to grips with iOS10 - within the Messages work, I can't work out why the Apps within Messages don't seem to work, the only ones that work are the official Apple ones (Like Apple Music, Image Search), the others just display the logo of the App when you swipe to it....

IMDB for example - doesn't load anything, just the IMDB app logo is displayed. How can I use the app within Messages?

qfQAeE7.jpg

I had the same problem. It appear Apps updated before the Phone itself is updated to iOS 10 don't download the Messages App components (problem of App Thinning perhaps in iOS 9 not downloading the iOS 10 content?).

Deleting and reinstalling the apps fixed it for me across 11 apps that weren't working in Messages after the iOS 10 update.

Reactions: termite
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.