Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Holzi2107

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Hello,
I hope you can help me with the following problem:

I've been a beta tester for several years and have recently installed iOS 13 beta profile and have successfully updated to iOS 13 Beta.

Accidentally, I removed the beta tester profile under Settings | General | Profiles.

When trying to re-install the profile via beta.apple.com, I get the following error message:

"Safari could not install the profile (unknown error)."

Started the iPhone (Xs) already...
The menu item "Profiles" is now missing under Settings | General.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback,
Alex

wrkngclasshero

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Columbia, MD
I had a similar issue. Try downloading the profile on a computer and transfer it to you phone. I just stuck it in Dropbox on my computer to access it on my ipad.

Clicking on the profile file from my ipad in the files app triggered the go to settings to allow this profile dialogue box.

Hope this helps!

MariozPOC

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
Rivarolo Canavese - TO
I think u removed the prtofile but u r with a beta sys actually. You should reinstall a reagular release before to remove it.
Better to restore a regular system using the computer.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I think u removed the prtofile but u r with a beta sys actually. You should reinstall a reagular release before to remove it.
Better to restore a regular system using the computer.
That's not necessary. The steps in post #2 in the thread should solve the problem.

Reactions: dcp10

Holzi2107

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
I had a similar issue. Try downloading the profile on a computer and transfer it to you phone. I just stuck it in Dropbox on my computer to access it on my ipad.

Clicking on the profile file from my ipad in the files app triggered the go to settings to allow this profile dialogue box.

Hope this helps!

The button says "iOS device required for download" :(

But it works with the iOS 12 beta link "Not ready for iOS 13? Enroll in the public beta for iOS 12 updates by downloading the iOS 12 configuration profile here." I now have installed iOS 12 beta profile with iOS 13 on my iPhone :))

Any idea how to download the iOS 13 beta profile to my computer?

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Hello,
I hope you can help me with the following problem:

I've been a beta tester for several years and have recently installed iOS 13 beta profile and have successfully updated to iOS 13 Beta.

Accidentally, I removed the beta tester profile under Settings | General | Profiles.

When trying to re-install the profile via beta.apple.com, I get the following error message:

"Safari could not install the profile (unknown error)."

Started the iPhone (Xs) already...
The menu item "Profiles" is now missing under Settings | General.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback,
Alex

Apple had a ton of services down today. First thing I would to is try installing it again from Apple’s site. If it still doesn’t work , locate another source for the profile (Google) and then follow the above advice

Holzi2107

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019

Hope this helps!

Success! This solved my problem. Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.