Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidtheholder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2019
Hi
I’m currently using a iPad Pro 3 (11inch, wifi) with a iphone 7
I really like iOS 13’s Instant Hotspot which automatically connects to your mobile device

But, I couldn’t help to notice that when ever I have my iPad connnected to my phone,
it will lose connection when the iPad goes to sleep.
when the iPad looses connection, the personal hotspot icon on my phone will also turn off (green -> white)

Then every time I unlock my iPad, i need to turn on the hotspot from my iphone for it to auto connect
I want the iPad to stay connected to the hotspot even if its on sleepmode
I heard the iOS13 has persistent hotspot which enables such function but doesn’t seem to be working..

Anyone have similar issue??

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Yes. The feature apparently doesn’t work as intended. I agree it’s frustrating. The feature to me is useless and why have it if I have to go in to settings to get it going. Just like the “personal hotspot”.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Agreed. The feature is useless. There is nothing persistent about it. I'm relieved to know it's not just me.

Just give us an on/off toggle for persistent hotspot. That's all we want. Don't overthink it.

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.