Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
I got the new iPad 2017 nearly a week ago. I've been using it with the Apple SmartCover.

I've noticed when using the iPad with the cover flipped flat over the back in the bottom right corner if it slides slightly I can hear a clicking noise. I've looked this up and found that the original iPad Air had some similar problems with the magnets inside the back of the iPad.

It definitely seems to be a magnet after I tested it with another magenet and if I shake the iPad I can hear the faint rattle.

Has anyone else expienced this? Does Apple replace for it? I seem to be always in that store.

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
I got the new iPad 2017 nearly a week ago. I've been using it with the Apple SmartCover.

I've noticed when using the iPad with the cover flipped flat over the back in the bottom right corner if it slides slightly I can hear a clicking noise. I've looked this up and found that the original iPad Air had some similar problems with the magnets inside the back of the iPad.

It definitely seems to be a magnet after I tested it with another magenet and if I shake the iPad I can hear the faint rattle.

Has anyone else expienced this? Does Apple replace for it? I seem to be always in that store.

Have the same model but no clicking noises.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.