Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your iPad 2018 9,7" battery life dropped with iPadOS 13?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frank7f

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2016
Anyone else experiencing battery draining or at least battery lasting sensibly less in comparison to iOS 12 on their iPad?
Some minutes ago I checked notifications on my iPad, spending 10 minutes, and the battery status passed from 30% to 23%. Prior to the update I can remember it lasting even 3 days without a charge, now I can make it last 2 days at best with a low usage. The battery wear level is still pretty low, around 95%. I bought it around early 2019 and I haven't used it much really in the first months.
I've installed all the iPadOS 13 betas without any sensible reduction in battery life, and I am sure enough that this is happening from the last public versions of iPadOS.

Last edited:

Frank7f

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2016
Update
Since I've written this post I've disabled localization of a lot of app which weren't using it, and also disabled background content updates for some apps for which I didn't care updating in background. I can't tell if this has helped but I think the autonomy has improved if not completely returned to the previous condition. I think that decrease could be caused by a lot of factors, maybe more than one at the same time, for example apps not yet optimized for iOS 13 etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.