Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Czescwitamy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2022
Hello! I have the latest iPad 9th gen with lightning and I want to connect it to my monitor via hdmi but I need it to hold a charge while doing so. I purchased Apple‘s Lightning to digital AV adapter but returned it because it did not charge my iPad while connected. Is there no solution? Or is there another adapter that will work? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

Czescwitamy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2022
I tried this one https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-AV-Adapter/dp/B009WHV3BM?ref_=nav_signin&. It mirrored but no charge when I connected the charging block. should It have held a charge? Maybe I should buy it from apple directly instead of Amazon?

edit: I also just called the Apple store and the person said that she doesn’t think there is an adapter that can mirror and hold a charge. ?. edit2: called their business # and they said it should work lol. I don’t know what to believe.

Last edited:

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
That is the same one and should have worked. (Unless Amazon had an older model that doesn’t work with new devices for some reason?) The Apple Store gave you incorrect info. My employer has them in conference rooms and it does exactly what you’re wanting it to do.

Czescwitamy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2022
That is the same one and should have worked. (Unless Amazon had an older model that doesn’t work with new devices for some reason?) The Apple Store gave you incorrect info. My employer has them in conference rooms and it does exactly what you’re wanting it to do.
Cool. Thank you. I live near an Apple store so I’ll hop in buy one and test it out in store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.